FIVE STAR STUDY APP
With high quality paper you already know and love from Five Star and your phone that's already by your side...take notes by hand, create flashcards in an instant and study anywhere, anytime!
We've made it easy!
Shade in the triangle symbols next to important text concepts.
Use your phone to scan notes and create digital flashcards instantly.
Crop and edit scans to customize flashcards. Sync notes to Google Drive and access them anywhere from any device.
Questions? We're here for you.
- Where do I find the app?
- How do I know if my smartphone is compatible with the Five Star Study App?
- How do I position the phone above the notebook for best results?
- Why is the app not recognizing my flagged notes for flashcards?
- Am I able to share my notes with someone else?
- How do I change my subject folders?
- How do I prepare my notes for studying?
- How do I create flashcards in the Five Star Study App?
- How do I link to my Google Drive account?
- I’ve modified the files in my Google Drive. Why doesn’t it show in the Five Star Study App?
For IOS, the app supports:
- iPhone6s/6s+, 7/7+, 8/8+, X/SS/SR/Ss-max, 11/11p/11p-max, 12/12mini/12p/12p-max
- iOS 13 and up
For Android, the general requirements are:
- Android phone with minimum OS 8.0 and up
- Screen resolution recommended 1080 x1920 and up, minimum aspect ratio 16:9 and up
- Back camera minimum resolution 12 MP and up
- Minimum 2G RAM
Hold your mobile phone over your Five Star compatible notebook and position page corner markers with the brackets shown in the app. Once the app recognizes the unique page, it will take a scan of your page and identify the flagged notes.
There could be several reasons your app isn’t recognizing the flagged notes:
- You are not using a Five Star notebook that's specifically designed for use with the app. Your notebook should have markings on each corner and triangle symbols in the margin.
- You are not filling in enough of the triangle symbols. These symbols next to the margin should be filled in at least 50% for the app to recognize them sufficiently.
- You are using the “camera” mode instead of “scan” mode on the camera screen. “Scan” mode has a special technology which recognizes flagged notes and creates flashcards. “Camera” mode is for documents other than the unique Five Star notebook such as handouts and guided notes.
Your flashcards are a personal study aid and will be unique to you. You can, however, share your scanned pages in Google Drive and using the send icon.
You can easily change the name of your subject folders in edit mode. You can also add new folders and change the order of them on the home screen.
Its very simple to prepare your notes. While taking notes, flag (or mark) the triangle symbols next your important test concepts you would like to reference later on a flashcard. Ensure that the triangle symbols are shaded in enough to ensure the app recognizes them. You will then find your flagged notes in your flashcards folder ready to study anywhere, anytime.
There are several ways to create flashcards to study.
- Automatic: Flag your notes, scan the page, and study
- Edit: Modify your flagged notes by creating a front and a back of your card and adding in additional text to supplement your note
- New: Add a new flashcard to your set and use the scan icon to instantly create flashcards.
You will be prompted to link to your Google Drive following the new user tutorial. You can also choose to link up later by going to the menu.
Your changes in Google Drive will not be reflected in the app, however, all your changes you make in the app will show up in Google Drive. Rest assured your notes are all saved automatically on to your Google Drive (if you are linked).